Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Finding My Way

The beginning of this year’s I Ho Chuan has been a challenging one for me least to say. I went into it with reserves on whether or not I was making the right choice by being part of the team, knowing that I would not be able to be part of all of the commitments that goes allow with being on such a team as the I Ho Chuan. What makes this year different then all of the other years that I have been part of this team is that in March I took on the position as President of OFGA a large organization of over 700 members. This was not supposed to happen until 2016 when I was planning on taking two years away from the I Ho Chuan to assume the role of President, but that was not to be. It all changed when the now Past-President’s wife was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2014 and went through surgery, and is still going through chemo therapy at this time, he needed to step down as President before his term was up. It has been tough missing meetings because of my duties as the President has interfered; I hope that I have made the right changes and will only have to miss one more team meeting which is the next one on May 9th.
It seems like this year is my year of challenges and growth. I will find my way to still be part of the team even if it is not in the way I envisioned it to be.

2 comments: