Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Memorization

Memorization has always been one of biggest problems. It’s not that I can’t memorize something it is just that it takes me feels like four times longer and twice that in effort than most people. And once I have finally memorized something if I stop practicing it or using it daily I will forget it almost immediately. One saving grace is if it was something physical like a form or a technique and I practiced it enough to ingrained it completely into muscle memory, so that I can do it without thinking, I would retain it far longer so I would just have to let my body remind me what comes next in a sequence. But even with that, if I leave off practicing something for too long I will lose it also, and then have to go through the whole process of learning all over again. For me practice, practice, practice only makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment