Lately I have been wondering if I’m going in the right direction with my training. Since the beginning of UBBT 8, each day my focus is to do a set amount of reps (the minimum plus some extra) to meet my goals and to add a buffer for times of injury or sickness. But lately I have become obsessed with numbers, I must do more, I must keep increasing my numbers. Yesterday as I was doing rep after rep of a form to add numbers to my UBBT goals, I started thinking. Am I doing this for the right reasons? Am I happy? To both of those questions I have to honesty say the answer is no.
No I am not doing these repetitions of this form for the right reason. I have been doing it for the numbers. I have been mindful on how I have been doing the form and have been improving so it has not been a total waste.
No I am not happy. I have been doing a form that I use to do because I loved doing it and now I am doing it just for numbers, also I have been so focused on doing this one form for the numbers that I have not been practicing any of the other forms that I know. (I miss those old friends)
I always practiced forms because I enjoyed them, I elated on how each move flowed into the next, the power and peacefulness of being part of the form. It is like being part of a dance, a dance for life and death.
At the end of the day I have to stop obsessing about the numbers and just start doing and let the numbers fall into place, also get reacquainted with some old friends (forms) and start enjoying what I do before I head down a path that I won’t be able to turn away from.
No comments:
Post a Comment