Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sit ups, Sit ups When is there time?


Last week June 14th to the 17th I spent four days in San Jose California at a conference on a software application that the company I work for uses. Now California is a nice place and the conference was very informative and I came back with a lot of good ideas and a fresh outlook on how to better use the software that I work with on a daily bases. But while I was a way I was finding it hard to find the time to do my push ups and sit ups let alone practice Kung Fu. There was always something happening. I would get up in the morning and nock off a few push ups and sit ups before having a shower and then it was off to breakfast, then off to the conference room, at lunch I would eat something small then race off to my hotel room and do some more push ups and sit ups, then back down to the conference room. Then it was supper and after we’d head off on some activity. The company that put on the conference was very good at not leaving us much free time; we were either in a conference room or off at an activity that they had planed. I must admit it was fun and I enjoyed it all. I knew my push ups and sit ups were suffering and there were times where I could have made up for them, but I just could not get enough courage screwed up to do the in front of a bunch of people. I will give it those people that can do their push ups out in public, they have courage and confidence in themselves.
I felt a little out of sorts when I went the Sihing class on Friday, because that was the last class that I had attended before leaving to San Jose. I hade missed the Monday and Wednesdays classes that I go to in Onoway, so I felt like I had missing something, like a missed opportunity I was disconjointed, I hate missing a class any class. The bright side of all of this is that on Monday I tallied up my push ups and sit ups from my iPod and entered them into a daily calendar I use for hard storage of my numbers, and I found my numbers weren’t as bad as I thought they were going to be, they were still low but not to bad. Nothing that is going to prevent me from reaching my goal of 26,000 by September 1, also Monday night’s class in Onoway brought back that feeling of unity that I was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment